There are some cases where you need to send us additional documentation to be able to use your BitRail account.
- BitRail account sign up: if you do not complete our automated identity verification process, you need to send us documents so that we can complete your identity verification and activate your account. You can find additional information in this article.
- Change or update your mailing address: if you need to update your mailing address in BitRail, you need to send us document providing proof of your new address. You can find additional information in this article.
BitRail adheres to regulatory best practices and guidelines to ensure security and limit the risk of fraud for our customers and their funds. As part of BitRail’s application process, all prospective customers must complete our Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) verification processes. This process requires you to provide proof of identity and pass verification checks.
BitRail Proof of Identity (POI)/Proof of Address (POA) KYC Guidelines:
- Upload a copy of your valid identification and/or document in PNG, JPEG, or PDF format and be no larger than 4MB in size
- The image must be high quality, unobstructed and uncropped. All documents provided must be easily legible and of high resolution
- If an image it must show a full document page
- If submitting a document is must be issued in the applicant’s name and show their current residential address
|Current valid Driver’s License, State Identification Card, Weapons Carry Permit, or Passport||Government Photo ID||
|Bank, credit card or mortgage statement (either hard copy or electronic statements are acceptable)||Bill or Statement||
|Utility (water, gas or electricity), landline telephone, cable/satellite TV, internet bill (either hard copy or electronic statements are acceptable)||Bill or Statement||